Today I wanted to share with you this fun and easy craft to organize your makeup brushes! I decided to make these on a whim after becoming annoyed by how cluttered my previous brush set up was. These new holders make it so much easier to organize and find my brushes. If you want to learn how to make these, keep reading!
The first thing you are going to need to do is visit the craft store and pick up candle holders or jars (with out the lids) that will fit the size of your brushes. I opted for two tall jars and one short. You will also need some type of decorative beading to go in your jar. I suggest getting beads that match your style-so make it fun!
Next, you will need to pour the beads into each of the jars.
After you have all your beads poured, you can start putting in your brushes!
Now you have super cute (and easy!) makeup brush holders. I love these because they are so customizable and work great for displaying brushes!
Let me know what you guys think! 🙂
Earlier this summer, I wrote out a list of things I wanted to do over the course of the Summer. I’m going to go back through and see what things I did do and what things I didn’t. Maybe what I didn’t do will roll over into my fall bucket list 😉
- Visit NYC -No, but I am going in October *excitement*
- Trips to the beach – Yes, I was able to go to the beach several times!
- Go to an amusement park -No, but I’m going in September
- Go fishing -No, but does snorkeling count ?
- Hike – Nope
- Swim in a pool -Yes, this one was easy
- Play mini golf – Yes, several times actually!
- DIY project -Yes, I built an Ikea desk that took DAYS
- Tanning day -Yes, but I am still quite pale (thank God for self tanners)
- Get a massage -No, I’m broke
- Spend a day with Jace (my nephew) -Yes, he was so cute!
- Spend a day with Ethan (my nephew) -Yes, he was so crazy and silly!
- Eat an entire watermelon -No, I did not repeat last summer’s biggest feats
- At home car wash -Yes, and I’m due for another one
- Get a pedicure -Yes, I got one in the begining of summer
- Make s’mores -Yes, What’s camp without S’mores?
- Bonfire -Yes, I’ve definitely had campfires and I think one bonfire
- Day without technology (we’ll see about this one haha) – I want to say yes but no
- Go to a concert -No, I’ll catch you next year Firefly
- Read a book -Yes, “It’s Kind of a Funny Story”
- Cook a new food -Yes, cooking is actually quite fun
- Do yoga -Yes, as well as other fitness classes
- Pic nic with friends -No, I mentioned this to my boyfriend once but it never happened…
- Bowling -No, and I’m not too upset about this one lol
- Ride my bike -Yes & No? I can’t remember. Wait, yes! While I was babysitting in June!
- Make homemade popsicles -No, AND I DEEPLY REGRET THIS
If you actually read this whole list, then wow props to you. Hope your summer was more fulfilling than mine haha. If I was being honest, I had a great summer just not as much *pizaz* (is that how you spell it?) as I might have wanted it to be.
I did 15/26 that’s 57% completed! Better luck next year haha!
My outfit for my (last) first day of school!
The detailing on the back of this shirt is BEAUTIFUL
Shirt from Forever 21
Excuse the wrinkles and fuzzies I took these pics after I had finished school 🙂
LOVE these shorts from H&M!
Classic school shoes (aka Converse)
It has been awhile since I last posted but I am back and ready for a year filled with blogging! Right now, I plan on posting amazing, Kelly-filled content each week on Friday. As most of you probably know, back to school season has begun and all of us kiddos still in school must return back to our dull lives as the summer comes to a close. But that’s ok; because I happen to love school-sort of. I hated school when I actually went to “school school” aka private school/public school. Now I go to an “umbrella school” or “homeschooling school” which basically means I attend classes twice a week at school (yes it is in an actual building not my bed) and the rest of the week I do my schooling at home. I started homeschooling/umbrella school in 10th grade and I would never go back. “School school” just wasn’t my thing. I hated feeling trapped in a building for 7+ hours, doing busywork, and having to wake up so early that I couldn’t function. Well all that has changed now. I’m in control of when I wake up, what assignments I do first, where to do them (Starbucks is a personal fav), and homeschooling cuts out the busy work…to be honest.
This post ended up being more about the type of schooling I do vs my first day of school but whatevs. I assure you I had a great first day and I wont bore you with the overly-exciting details of my statistics class. Anywhos, did any of you start your first day of school, work, idk? If yes, let me know in the comments I’d love to chat!
Who’s hype for fall?!?
ps my bag is from Bass
So I recently took a trip to my local Ulta and stumbled upon this beauty. I didn’t go into the store intending to buy this product, let alone any other product. Although, my powder at home was running low so I’m glad I bought this.
First of all, this powder is AMAZING! Besides the fact that it smells like chocolate (how is this just now a thing?!), this powder is excellent in all ways, shapes, and forms. The packaging is super cute and the container closes nicely; unlike other powders I’ve had. This product also comes with an applicator sponge that is stored below the powder. This is great for storage and traveling. Besides looks, I immediately was attracted to the consistency of the powder. When I swatched it on my hand, it glided on smooth, elegant, and thick. I normally use powder on top of a liquid foundation or bb cream; but this could be used as foundation alone! In fact, that’s what I used it for today! I have not tried too many powders; but of the ones I have, this one tops the charts.
If you’re looking for a new finishing powder or powder foundation, I would HIGHLY recommend this chocolate smelling, color correcting, and matte finishing powder! 10/10 thanks for this one Too Faced! 😍
- Visit NYC
- Trips to the beach
- Go to an amusement park
- Go fishing
- Swim in a pool
- Play mini golf
- DIY project
- Tanning day
- Get a massage
- Spend a day with Jace (my nephew)
- Spend a day with Ethan (my nephew)
- Eat an entire watermelon
- At home car wash
- Get a pedicure
- Make s’mores
- Day without technology (we’ll see about this one haha)
- Go to a concert
- Read a book
- Cook a new food
- Do yoga
- Pic nic with friends
- Ride my bike
- Make homemade popsicles
My summer break started in the beginning/middle of May and I originally made this list back then. I’m surprised by how much of it I’ve already done and I’m hoping to finish them all. Expect a post at the end of the summer with an update 😉 If you have any good Summer bucket list ideas, let me know!
Today’s weather was a little gloomy but I always seem to be productive on rainy/grey days. This outfit is super comfy and I’m in love with the bohemian feel! The dress I’m wearing is from Target (oh, btw it has pockets!!) and the shoes are from Khols. I’m also wearing a necklace from Francesca’s but it’s hard to see it in the picture.
Let me know how your week has been and what styles you’ve been into lately!