Earlier this summer, I wrote out a list of things I wanted to do over the course of the Summer. I’m going to go back through and see what things I did do and what things I didn’t. Maybe what I didn’t do will roll over into my fall bucket list 😉
- Visit NYC -No, but I am going in October *excitement*
- Trips to the beach – Yes, I was able to go to the beach several times!
- Go to an amusement park -No, but I’m going in September
- Go fishing -No, but does snorkeling count ?
- Hike – Nope
- Swim in a pool -Yes, this one was easy
- Play mini golf – Yes, several times actually!
- DIY project -Yes, I built an Ikea desk that took DAYS
- Tanning day -Yes, but I am still quite pale (thank God for self tanners)
- Get a massage -No, I’m broke
- Spend a day with Jace (my nephew) -Yes, he was so cute!
- Spend a day with Ethan (my nephew) -Yes, he was so crazy and silly!
- Eat an entire watermelon -No, I did not repeat last summer’s biggest feats
- At home car wash -Yes, and I’m due for another one
- Get a pedicure -Yes, I got one in the begining of summer
- Make s’mores -Yes, What’s camp without S’mores?
- Bonfire -Yes, I’ve definitely had campfires and I think one bonfire
- Day without technology (we’ll see about this one haha) – I want to say yes but no
- Go to a concert -No, I’ll catch you next year Firefly
- Read a book -Yes, “It’s Kind of a Funny Story”
- Cook a new food -Yes, cooking is actually quite fun
- Do yoga -Yes, as well as other fitness classes
- Pic nic with friends -No, I mentioned this to my boyfriend once but it never happened…
- Bowling -No, and I’m not too upset about this one lol
- Ride my bike -Yes & No? I can’t remember. Wait, yes! While I was babysitting in June!
- Make homemade popsicles -No, AND I DEEPLY REGRET THIS
If you actually read this whole list, then wow props to you. Hope your summer was more fulfilling than mine haha. If I was being honest, I had a great summer just not as much *pizaz* (is that how you spell it?) as I might have wanted it to be.
I did 15/26 that’s 57% completed! Better luck next year haha!
- Visit NYC
- Trips to the beach
- Go to an amusement park
- Go fishing
- Swim in a pool
- Play mini golf
- DIY project
- Tanning day
- Get a massage
- Spend a day with Jace (my nephew)
- Spend a day with Ethan (my nephew)
- Eat an entire watermelon
- At home car wash
- Get a pedicure
- Make s’mores
- Day without technology (we’ll see about this one haha)
- Go to a concert
- Read a book
- Cook a new food
- Do yoga
- Pic nic with friends
- Ride my bike
- Make homemade popsicles
My summer break started in the beginning/middle of May and I originally made this list back then. I’m surprised by how much of it I’ve already done and I’m hoping to finish them all. Expect a post at the end of the summer with an update 😉 If you have any good Summer bucket list ideas, let me know!
With so much going on in my life right now, it has become easy to get swallowed whole by the schoolwork, laundry, errands, work, and all the other junk that is keeping me busy. Even though I like being productive, I have also been keeping my eye on the calendar for that day when school will end and all the pressure of school will be off. I am starting to get “summeritis” (definition here) since my last week of school is in May. Knowing that summer is so soon, I’ve been thinking more and more about what I want to do this summer. I definitely want to take a few trips to the beach, visit New York City, and maybe even buy a milkshake at Wawa at 3 am. I’ve realized that this is my last summer where I’ll still be a kid -I’m seventeen, by the way. Now this does not mean I want to let loose and go crazy but it does mean I want to adventure and have a little bit of fun since next summer I will be busy with college and all. I’m thinking about making a Summer ’16 Bucket List of sorts filled with all the things I want to do. I’m not sure if anyone else makes these but I seem to make one every year haha. I sometimes follow through on the list but not always. I’m super excited for what’s to come and the anticipation is making present day seem boring. Good thing Summer’s coming soon!
Do any of you make Summer Bucket lists or have summeritis? If so let me know down in the comments!
Also, follow me on: