Today I wanted to share with you this fun and easy craft to organize your makeup brushes! I decided to make these on a whim after becoming annoyed by how cluttered my previous brush set up was. These new holders make it so much easier to organize and find my brushes. If you want to learn how to make these, keep reading!
The first thing you are going to need to do is visit the craft store and pick up candle holders or jars (with out the lids) that will fit the size of your brushes. I opted for two tall jars and one short. You will also need some type of decorative beading to go in your jar. I suggest getting beads that match your style-so make it fun!
Next, you will need to pour the beads into each of the jars.
After you have all your beads poured, you can start putting in your brushes!
Now you have super cute (and easy!) makeup brush holders. I love these because they are so customizable and work great for displaying brushes!
Let me know what you guys think! 🙂
Earlier this summer, I wrote out a list of things I wanted to do over the course of the Summer. I’m going to go back through and see what things I did do and what things I didn’t. Maybe what I didn’t do will roll over into my fall bucket list 😉
- Visit NYC -No, but I am going in October *excitement*
- Trips to the beach – Yes, I was able to go to the beach several times!
- Go to an amusement park -No, but I’m going in September
- Go fishing -No, but does snorkeling count ?
- Hike – Nope
- Swim in a pool -Yes, this one was easy
- Play mini golf – Yes, several times actually!
- DIY project -Yes, I built an Ikea desk that took DAYS
- Tanning day -Yes, but I am still quite pale (thank God for self tanners)
- Get a massage -No, I’m broke
- Spend a day with Jace (my nephew) -Yes, he was so cute!
- Spend a day with Ethan (my nephew) -Yes, he was so crazy and silly!
- Eat an entire watermelon -No, I did not repeat last summer’s biggest feats
- At home car wash -Yes, and I’m due for another one
- Get a pedicure -Yes, I got one in the begining of summer
- Make s’mores -Yes, What’s camp without S’mores?
- Bonfire -Yes, I’ve definitely had campfires and I think one bonfire
- Day without technology (we’ll see about this one haha) – I want to say yes but no
- Go to a concert -No, I’ll catch you next year Firefly
- Read a book -Yes, “It’s Kind of a Funny Story”
- Cook a new food -Yes, cooking is actually quite fun
- Do yoga -Yes, as well as other fitness classes
- Pic nic with friends -No, I mentioned this to my boyfriend once but it never happened…
- Bowling -No, and I’m not too upset about this one lol
- Ride my bike -Yes & No? I can’t remember. Wait, yes! While I was babysitting in June!
- Make homemade popsicles -No, AND I DEEPLY REGRET THIS
If you actually read this whole list, then wow props to you. Hope your summer was more fulfilling than mine haha. If I was being honest, I had a great summer just not as much *pizaz* (is that how you spell it?) as I might have wanted it to be.
I did 15/26 that’s 57% completed! Better luck next year haha!
My outfit for my (last) first day of school!
The detailing on the back of this shirt is BEAUTIFUL
Shirt from Forever 21
Excuse the wrinkles and fuzzies I took these pics after I had finished school 🙂
LOVE these shorts from H&M!
Classic school shoes (aka Converse)
It has been awhile since I last posted but I am back and ready for a year filled with blogging! Right now, I plan on posting amazing, Kelly-filled content each week on Friday. As most of you probably know, back to school season has begun and all of us kiddos still in school must return back to our dull lives as the summer comes to a close. But that’s ok; because I happen to love school-sort of. I hated school when I actually went to “school school” aka private school/public school. Now I go to an “umbrella school” or “homeschooling school” which basically means I attend classes twice a week at school (yes it is in an actual building not my bed) and the rest of the week I do my schooling at home. I started homeschooling/umbrella school in 10th grade and I would never go back. “School school” just wasn’t my thing. I hated feeling trapped in a building for 7+ hours, doing busywork, and having to wake up so early that I couldn’t function. Well all that has changed now. I’m in control of when I wake up, what assignments I do first, where to do them (Starbucks is a personal fav), and homeschooling cuts out the busy work…to be honest.
This post ended up being more about the type of schooling I do vs my first day of school but whatevs. I assure you I had a great first day and I wont bore you with the overly-exciting details of my statistics class. Anywhos, did any of you start your first day of school, work, idk? If yes, let me know in the comments I’d love to chat!
Who’s hype for fall?!?
ps my bag is from Bass